Friday, April 21, 2006

Protesting the Effective

Last month, I posted about SEED, the nation's only public boarding school in Washington, DC. I think that any school that always makes AYP and send 100% of its students into the world with acceptance letters from colleges is doing something right. But according to Eduwonk such efforts are the subject of a clownish (and I mean literally clownish) protest by a group called Save Our Schools who claim that charter schools (and SEED is one) have done nothing positive to help DC school students.

Um... let's see, unless I am mistaken, according to the DC Public Schools, in 2005, the system completely failed to make AYP among all groups save Asian Americans. Yet, SEED School made AYP and graduated everyone with an offer for college. Hmmm, I don't know about you, but that is doing something for at least some kids, which is better than the DC average.

No comments: