Tuesday, January 04, 2005

English Politlical Commentary Fun

I spent last week in England, doing a little visiting of friends and a little sightseeing. On a conscious decision, I decided to limit my news intake to the London Times, making it a little easier on myself and giving my wife a bit of a new junkie breather.

In the cab back to the airport, the driver was listening to English talk radio and I noted something a bit more interesting that we don't have in America--a royal family to bash.

To be certain we have an executive branch, a legislative branch and occaisionally the judicial branch to bash. England has that too, plus the Royal Family. Not that I want a monarchy or anything, but having another institution to question and bash is a bit of a dream. Certainly, the discussions were civil, but I thought wouldn't it be nice to comment on British politics?

I didn't get enough of a feel to comment on British politics, but ....

No comments: