Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Arsenal fan hangs self in wake of Champion's League Loss

I have often written that deaths at a soccer match are tragic and each death that could be prevented should be accounted to someone. Often we hear about deaths because of a stadium collapse, or a crushing incident, or something similarly silly. But really, this is just absolutely dumb.
Police say Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan living in Nairobi, hung himself wearing his Arsenal gear after the match. Just a tragic story. This poor guy threw away his life for a filthy rich bunch of guys who'll never even know him.
I couldn't agree more, while I think football is an important part of who I am and what I love, it is still just a game and there is no reason to punish yourself because a bunch of overpaid athletes can accomplish a task at home.

No comments: