Friday, December 23, 2011

Mark Steyn on The Gingrich Gestalt

All I can say is Wow! I have a new mission in life to be able to write something like this bit in the National Review Online

To be honest as a registered Republican, I don't know who I am planning to vote for. The list of candidates is hardly inspiring. But I will say this about Newt Gingrich:

Yes, he has baggage (but it is a mostly known baggage). Yes, he has some positions that I find distasteful and alarmingly big government in nature. Yes, he is not nearly as right wing as he appears to try and paint himself as in the primary process.

But I will say this about Newt Gingrich--he has a lot of ideas. Some of them are dumb, some of them are no practical, and some of them are best left unsaid. But he seems to be the only guy (besides Herman Cain) who has ideas and is not afraid to say them.

Ideas built this nation--indeed, the ideas of our Founding Fathers were at once conservative and radical. Maybe it is ideas that we need to break out of this funk that we are in.



__________________________________
Check out my soccer blog at Nutmegs and Stepovers

No comments: