Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Random Thoughts--December 20, 2011

Heard in court today from a judge that it is advisable to get a lawyer for allegations of driving while on a suspended license since the potential punishment is $1,000 or a year in jail.  Judge offers a postponement for people to seek the advice of a lawyer, including the public defender.  Heard six defendants waive their right to counsel AND their right to a jury trial.  Really?  Don't you want to at least think about that one?

Major League Soccer training camps begin in 4 weeks.  I am stoked---I think I maybe I have a problem.  Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery right?

I have been reading case law at work about lawyers behaving badly---there are times when I am amazed that more judges don't just say "Really?  You  are bringing a lawsuit based on that?  Seriously?  Get the f--- out of my courtroom."  It certainly would make court watching more entertaining.

Is it just me, or does the National Christmas Tree  like a breast in the cold with a nipple ring?  Or am I just imagining things?



__________________________________
Check out my soccer blog at Nutmegs and Stepovers

No comments: