Monday, November 14, 2005

Endorsement: Steele for Senate

When I started this blog, I intended this space to be a place to put my mental deterius, a place where I could spout off about items of interest. Over time, I figured I would start to see if people would read and comment about what I wrote. It has been fun.

However, as I have progressed in my thinking about politics, I am not just interested in the issues and debates about policy--although that is quite fun. I also believe that politics should not just be a spectator sport.

It is easy for bloggers to sit on the sidelines and carp about this policy or that, about the Administration or about Congress. It is easy to sit and comment about the brilliance or stupidity of political campaigns or candidates. In fact I have done so on a few occaisions in this blog. But of all the blogs I have read (and the blogroll to the left is just a small sample), no one seems to want to put their money, or rather their blog, where their mouth is. I want to be a little different now.

Those few of you who have read my blog regularly of late have noticed the articles I have posted about Michael Steele and the racists remarks he has suffered at the hands of black Democrats. I admire Lt. Gov. Steele, both in terms of his personal story and his politics. His courage to stand on his own politically, making his politics separate from his race and dependent on personal responsibility appeals to me.

Michael Steele believes in making a difference on a personal level, believing that ones personal actions determines one's course in life. Micahale Steele believes in a strong education, small business and personal freedom. We don't see eye to eye on some issues and that is what makes for good politics, the willingness to talk about issues and find common ground and solutions.

I know that we are some 10 months from the Maryland Primary and almost a year from the general election. I don't care, I believe in early support and strong support.

I believe Michael Steele will be a great Senator for the state of Maryland. For the readers who live in Maryland, I urge you to vote for Michael Steele, in the Maryland primary on September 12 and in the General Election on November 7, 2006.

For those of you outside of Maryland, please consider even a small donation to his campaign. Democrats outnumber Republicans 2 to 1 in the state, but Steele and Gov. Bob Ehrlich will appears on teh ballot together next year. They have done a fantastic job for the state, erasing a massive budget deficit and providing great leadership against a Democratic legislature. Despite the overwhelming odds against them, Ehrlich and Steele won election in 2002 and they can win again.

Vote for Michael Steele for U.S. Senate.

No comments: