Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hilary Clinton On Vouchers

Michelle Malkin has video on statements made by Hilary Clinton regarding vouchers and school choice. Included on Malkin's website is this transcript:
CLINTON: Suppose that you were meeting today to decide who got the vouchers. First parent comes and says 'I want to send my daughter to St. Peter's Roman Catholic School' and you say 'Great, wonderful school, here's your voucher. Next parent who comes says, 'I want to send, you know, my child to the Jewish Day School. Great here's your voucher! Next parent who comes says, "I want to send my child to the private school that I've already dreamed of sending my child to.' Fine. Here's your voucher.
Next parent who comes says, 'I want to send my child to the school of the Church of the White Supremacist.' You say, 'Wait a minute. You can't send...we're not giving a voucher for that.' And the parent says, 'Well, the way that I read Genesis, Cain was marked, therefore I believe in white supremacy. And therefore, you gave it to a Catholic parent, you gave it to a Jewish parent, gave it to a secular private parent. Under the Constitution, you can't discriminate against me.'

Suppose the next parent comes and says 'I want to send my child to the School of...the Jihad.' Wait a minute! We're not going to send a child with taxpayers dollars to the School of Jihad. 'Well, you gave it to the Catholics, gave it to the Jews, gave it to the private secular people. You're gonna tell me I can't? I'm a taxpayer. Under the Constitution.'

Now, tell me how we're going to make those choices.
Clinton, like many Democrats beholden to the NEA and, don't want parents to have the same choice she did. Her daughter, Chelsea, did not attend the DC Public schools when the Clinton's occupied the White House. No, she attended the Sidwell Friends Schools in Northwest DC, arguably one of the top two or three private schools in the District.

So it is only the rich Democrats who get to have choice, poor black families in DC and other urban areas must attend failing schools.

The funny thing about Clinton's argument is that she pulls out the fear card. A school of white supremacy and a school of jihad indeed. These kinds of schools still have to be approved to be a school to receive vouchers. Once again, the politicians are speaking without the facts.

No comments: