Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Photo A Day: January 4, 2006

I am attending bar review classes in Baltimore. (long time readers will remember I went through this process in July as well. Just missed passing so I have to do it all again). Anyway, the location I am at is near both the Baltimore Symphony hall and the Lyric Opera house. Both buildings have some rounded, curved walls. The University of Baltimore is also in the neighborhood and they are putting up a new building, echoing the same curve nature of other buildings in the area.

Architecturally, I like the idea. The unfortunate thing about many cities is that buildings today often lack soul and rarely reflect the character of the surrounding neighborhood. This building does, fortunately.

I also like the glass enclosed projection as well. I am not sure if the shape is readily visible from this angle or not.

No comments: