Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Loss is Staggering, pt. 2


I am a Brother of the Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity and have been so for 12 years. I am proud of my association and although I can't have possibly met all the Brothers in this outstanding association, we have been rocked by tragedy.

A Brother (and we have women in the Fraternity, but still called Brother) named Erin Peterson was among the victims yesterday. Technically Erin was an Initiate going through the pledge process at Virginia Tech, but she is my Brother.

I have never met Erin, but the very nature of our Brotherhood connects us over the years separating our collegiate careers and the distance between our schools.

The Chapter at Virginia Tech is a very close knit unit, full of life and love for each other and each Brother. Without exception every Brother I have met from Virginia Tech is an extraordinary person and I cannot begin to imagine their pain. Even having never met Erin, my heart aches and the sadness of my Brothers in Blacksburg is palpable in a way that I have no way to explain.


Erin Peterson

No comments: