Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ben Olsen to Give This Year a Go

According to Goff, DC United Ben Olsen is going to give the year a go, despite having sat all but 15 minutes of last season.
"I am cautiously optimistic about maybe getting through a season. The verdict on the ankle seems to be: 'It is what it is.' It's not going to get better than it is now. Knowing that helps me go ahead and push and do what I can. There will be a lot of maybe managing the pain throughout the season and maybe I am not going to be a guy that starts or plays. I have no idea how this is going to play out. It's very day to day with me, as it has been for a year. I've been active [the last couple weeks]. I've gotten through every day. Some days I look like someone shot me, but I am getting through it. Just keep going, keep pushing and see if I can't get through preseason, and if I can get through preseason, go from there. ... I am trying not to get too excited about playing and be part of the team right now."
I admire Olsen grit and determination to give it a go. But clearly he is thinking about the next step in his career.

I would like to evenutally see Olsen as a coach. But I think he needs some distance from the game for a while.

No comments: