Thursday, July 26, 2007

Milestones: 2,000th Post

Accroding to the data provided by Blogger, this is my 2,000th post.

To be honest, I didn't know if I would be able to stick with blogging for this long. I figured that at some point, I would run out of things to say and write about. Turns out, I have a big mouth and an opinion on just about anything.

I have also been happy that more people are coming to read my opinions and it has been fun. There are some patterns that I have noticed. First, I don't write about campaign finance as much as I used to, in part because I have been getting a little bored with my work and in part because I don't have much else to say on the subject.

Second, I have found myself posting quick hits, sort of Instapundit style. I started doing it to give myself an opportunity later to go back and write a little more on teh subject, but that hasn't happened. I don't know if it is a matter of losing interest or losing time to go back.

Third, when I write longer pieces of more pure commentary, that is talking about issues that interest me outside of the news, I have become a little more verbose. I hope to work on this a little more, to take a little bit more time to write the first draft and then edit. I like these long form posts, even it others don't.

Fourth, and finally--I still like politics, even though politicians disappoint me regularly. I still love this nation and its governmental strucutre, even if the officeholders leave much to be desired.

For everyone who has visited this site in the past two and a half years or so, thanks for visiting and if you like what you read, let me know and tell your friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - that's a lofty milestone. I appreciate your posts on education, they're thoughtful and well-referenced. I don't remember if I've ever read one of your posts and had a question you should've answered and didn't and, when I'd like to follow up on something you've said, you've prepared me to do so.

I look forward to the next 1,000 posts.