Tuesday, December 27, 2005

New Year's Blogging Resolutions

As the New Year approaches, the time for resolutions come as well. As this blog is just a year old, I have spent my time off during the Christmas break trying to think about ways to improve this blog, make it more readable and hopefully more interesting.

In reviewing the blog for this past year, I have noticed that my blogging subjects, outside of the immediate news tends to the haphazard. I will often mix law, campaign/politics, education, and other matters in a big jumble, often on the same day. I have also lost track of the Weekly Listen, not providing as much information on what music I am listening to at the time. Most people don't really care but, I do and perhaps other people do as well.

But while the blog may lack organization, I don't have the money right now to move off the Blogger platform to get my own domain name or have categories of postings. I also realize that I post a great deal about the news of the day, things that capture my attention and that I don't want to ignore. Those posts are going to continue.

I also want to undertake a particular effort, one that is much more personal in nature on this blog. I will explain the Photo-A-Day Project in another post.

So now that it has taken this long, here are my three resolutions for Going to the Mat in 2006:

I resolve:

  • To publish substantive posts (500-1000 words) on the following subjects on the following days and limit off-topic posts to news pointers and short, 1 paragraph reactions:
    • Mondays--Campaign Finance/Election Law

    • Tuesdays--School News/Education Policy

    • Wednesdays--Campaigns and Elections

    • Thursdays--Legal Developments outside of Election Law

    • Fridays--Anything Goes

    • Saturdays--Music/Book Reviews

    • Sundays--Week In Review--What I think of as the big story of the week

  • To undertake the Photo-A-Day Project--a daily posting of a photo I have taken, preferably in the last 24 hours

  • To publish a review (complete with an interview, if possible) of a blog I like every week


Although it is not the new year yet, I hope to begin implementing these resolutions now.

No comments: