Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Photo-A-Day Project

As inspired by JenFu Cheng, I have decided to undertake a project beginning on January 1, 2006 to post one picture I have taken each day.

Of course, you may wonder why I am doing this. There are several reasons.

1. I want to force myself to take a look around my life, my neighborhood and my world to take in the surroundings. I want to experience it and I want to share it.

2. Photographs can present just a quick snapshot of something, open to interpretation by anyone and each person sees something different.

3. We bought a digital camera to take pictures, but aside from vacations and special events, it gets almost no use.

4. I liked JenFu Cheng's project and thought it would be a neat idea.

Many of the pictures you will see will be of family, friends and daily events in my life. Granted, much of my life is pretty damn boring, but I believe that I see beautiful things everyday, but just blow by them in a fog, centered on my own life and troubles.

So beginning January 1, be sure to check this space for pictures.

No comments: