Thursday, November 16, 2006

Maryland Politics

Although I tried my best to cover the Maryland Senate race, I have found that Maryland Politics in general is about to get a lot more interesting, at least if your are a conservative interested in what is being done in a state with a Veto-Proof Democratically controlled state legislature, with a Democratic governor headed to Annapolis and a GOP in tatters in the state house.

One thing is for sure to happen, a lot of really dumb ideas are about to come out of Annapolis in the next legislative session. First, I am sure that taxes are going to go up. In a state that is already one of the most taxed jurisdictions in the country, this just seems ludicrous. Second, I am sure more nanny-statism is about to come down the pike, just what we need in a state that is already knee deep in nanny statism.

I am hoping that the few remaining Repulicans in the legislature will get their head on straight and start attacking problems and stupidity with ideas.

No comments: