Monday, June 25, 2007

Apple IPhone--Too Much Capability in One Place

The Apple IPhone is set to go on sale soon and lot of people will no doubt buy one. I have seen ads boasting all the cool features of the phone except one very basic feature--its reliability as a phone.

While I can appreciate the handiness of having multiple services and contraptions in one place, I want my cell phone to be reliabble, clear and not drop calls. That is the first and foremost criteria in my phone. Call me a near luddite, but my cell phone does not take pictures, play music, surf the web or any other fucntions we have come to expect in cell phones. Part of it is that I don't need or want to pay for those features. The other is that my cell phone is pretty reliable in terms of calls, so there is no need for fancy new technology.

In related news, oddsmakers have some odds calculations going on.

No comments: