Monday, June 25, 2007

Earmarks Disclosure--Media Getting on Porkbuster's Bandwagon

CNN, often an apologist or at least a tacit collaborator in liberal efforts had gotten the message on earmarks. Don Surber has links to the CNN story on the matter. Here is one quote from a reporter talking to Anderson Cooper, when the reported called every Capitol Hill office about the member's earmarks:
68 flat out refused. 6 told us they did not make any earmark requests. But the majority, 316, never responded. We should note that some we called were downright hostile.

. . . I called Congressman Rangel’s office. I got one of his press aides. Before I could even answer the question, said no. I know what you’re going to ask me. No. And he said, good day. Then, hung up on me.
Look some earmarks are worthy efforts and no Congressman should be ashamed about bringing home money for improved roads, schools or police programs. The problem that we as Americans face is that too many earmarks just smell wrong because we don't know what is going on.

The more and more people start asking the questions, the more likely we are to see real reform.

No comments: