Friday, August 31, 2007

Brutus Stabs Himself After Killing Ceasar

I have heard of method actors before, but this is going a little far!!!

Becaue the injury is obviously not life threatening, this story is just too funny. Apparently a Colorado actor donig a scene from Shakespeare's Julius Ceasar cut himself with his knife.
After the fateful scene, actor and director Kent Hudson Reed accidently cut himself: He tried to carry on, "but my boot was filling up with blood and I was flubbing my lines, wondering if I was going to pass out, wondering if the audience could see the blood."

Portia (Susan Mauntel) took Brutus to a hospital for stitches and play narrator Tyson Young announced the performance was canceled.

"That's what you get for trying to kill Caesar," he said.

Reed said actors normally don't use real knives, but the scene was set up so none of the performers were close enough to hurt each other.

"But I hadn't thought an actor might stab himself," he said.
Even though the scene was set up to avoid actual contact with knives, would it have been a stretch to use a play knife?

No comments: