Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Elvira Arellano=Rosa Parks?

To be honest, I really didn't care about the whole Elvira Arrellano mess--other than it annoyed me to no end that the Church was providing sanctuary (yet another issue I have with the Catholic Church). But as Sister Toldjah writes, What the bleepity bleeping hell?:
...supporters of prominent illegal immigrant Elvira Arellano, arrested and deported this week, call her the illegal immigration movement’s “Rosa Parks.” In response, my head just about rocketed off my neck.

This is moral relativism at its stomach-turning worst. It’s too bad these idiots apparently don’t have a clue about history, because Rosa Parks sat in the front of the bus because the damn laws at that time towards black people were unjust and, more importantly, unconstitutional. There is nothing unjust, nor unconstitutional, about deporting people who aren’t here legally.


Moral relativism at is best. Read the rest.

1 comment:

Roberto Iza Valdés said...

To Rosa Parks? If one needs to compare Elvira Arellano to a forebear of this country, one might want to compare her to George Washington who hid out in Valley Forge, albeit without his children.

The issue of immigration reform is worthy and urgent. I fear that advocates of Arellano are trying to confuse because they can't convince.
They frighten me.