Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

There are many people who have suffered for these past 8 years the loss of a loved one. I was fortunate in that I did not lose any one person that horrific day, but there is no doubting that we are all touched by the events of that day.

A friend of mine lost her husband that day at the Pentagon. Darin Pontell was not a man I ever met, but he must have been a special man because he captured Devora's heart.

The local Howard County Maryland press ran a feature on Devora and Darin yesterday. Devora continues to talk about her husband and that day and I share in her hope that one day, the evil men who planned the attacks will be brought to justice.

And so, on today, this anniversary of horror, I stand at attention and render full honors, not only to Lt. (j.g.) Darin Pontell, but to Devora Pontell as well. For each of them is a hero and deserve our thanks.

For Devora as well, Philia and Brothers Are We--forever.

No comments: