Wednesday, February 02, 2005

What I am Listenting To This Week

Since I am generally listening to a great deal of music, I thought I would start to share what I listen to. Each week, I will put a link to the artist I am currently listening to over on the left. I don't consider myself a professional music critic, but I like to listen a lot. This is not an invitation for you to go out and practice copyright infringement--so don't ask me to send you any music I have saved.

This week I am listening to Los Lonely Boys's Self-titled album.

Probably many people have heard their single "Heaven." While it is a solid, radio-friendly song, I don't think it is their best work on the album (more on that later). I think what I like most is the mix of styles and the mixture of English and Spanish lyrics. On the styles, there is everything from almost hard core blues to more Tejano feel and the poppy groove of Heaven. Certainly, the music is to a certain extent guitar driven, but don't forget to pay attention to the excellent harmonies in the vocals.

Okay for my favorite songs on the disk. I like the mellowness of "More Than Love," the raunchy guitar crunch of "Onda," and the Spanish inflected groove of "Dime Mi Amor," in that order.

If you get it, I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: