Thursday, June 05, 2008

Well, Duh!

The Economic Stimulus Package isn't working like Congress hoped.

Gee, I saw that one coming even before the ink was dry on the first draft of the bill. Yes, I got my stimulus check (even though I thought it a monumental waste of taxpayer money, since I paid taxes this year, I figured it was just a refund for me). What will my family use the money on? Child care for the summer, a few other bills and gas for our cars. Not much else.

We certainly are not contributing broadly to the economy by buying mid-level consumer goods. I always thought that most people would either 1) save the money or 2) pay down credit cards with the largess or a combination of the two.

So now the government is $170 billion in the hole and with little change to show for it. Well, that really was a colossal waste of money.

No comments: