Friday, April 11, 2008

The DCenters Freezer

I enjoyed reading these last year and I am glad The the Freezer is back.

Some thoughts on this week's Freezer.

The U.S. Soccer Plan for World Respect. While this is just barely in the Freezer this week, the boys do have a point. While the National Team, the U-23's and the U-20's and the WNT have had respectable performances over the past 12 months, I have to say that I am not impressed with our club play. While DC United and Houston getting booted from the CONCACAF Champions Cup is bad, I would settle for just a win in Mexico by a MLS club.

New England--sorry to say, but if the club is still sitting atop the Eastern Conference despite not having their leading scorer (Twellman) and losing one of their key playmakers (Ralston) and paying Kenny Mansally and Sainey Nyassi poverty wages, they are doing well. Nyassi is the teams leading scorer with two goals in four games. Admittedly, wiping the floor with Houston then getting spanked by Chicago and then convincingly beating Kansas City adds to the inconsistency factor, I think Nichol has some suprising depth to his team that will be of help as injured starters return. But NE will drop in the freezer if they don't start paying Mansally and Nyassi more.

Alexi Lalas. I caught his act on Fox Football Fone-In on Monday and while I admire his courage to take the beating he took, the sooner LA gets rid of this guy, the better the MLS will be for it.

Can't wait until next week guys.

No comments: