Monday, February 11, 2008

Smart, Real Smart

Apparently, Homeland Security doesn't like the backlog of immigration applications so they are considering giving permanent status even though FBI background checks aren't complete:
the Department of Homeland Security is preparing to grant permanent residency to tens of thousands of applicants before the FBI completes a required background check.

Those eligible are immigrants whose fingerprints have cleared the FBI database of criminal convictions and arrests, but whose names have not yet cleared the FBI's criminal or intelligence files after six months of waiting.

The immigrants who are granted permanent status, more commonly known as getting their green cards, will be expected eventually to clear the FBI's name check. If they don't, their legal status will be revoked and they'll be deported.
We can't deport the people are here illegally, how in the world are we going to deport people who DHS said were legal and all of the sudden aren't?

As the Instapundit said, this will be uncontroversial.

1 comment:

Bear said...

Hey,

I just read some of your posts. You are good. I am trying to put together a community of political bloggers at my site. http://politicalbear.com

I would love to have you sign up. You would be blogger #7 (but only 2 of us are currently active.

Everything from this blog can be imported and I think I offer all of the widgets that you have added, but if I don't have it and you want it....I would work on it.

I will be fearuring bloggers- especially that first important people to join. advertising the communities political influence and building the community to build that influence.

Oh.... and it is free.