Thursday, December 11, 2008

Clyde Simms to Stay with DC United

Good.

Simms was the single most dependable player for DC last year. He played in 45 games and had more minutes on the pitch than any other DC United player. A solid holding midfielder that may very well grow into one of the best in that position in MLS.

No terms were released, but I wouldn't be suprised to see that Simms got a big fat raise (he was making about $52,000 last year). I would like to see Simms getting a little more inovlved in the attack. I don't need a lot of goals from him, but I would like to see some assists.

This is good news for DC United. With the injuries that ravaged the squad last year, I think Tommy Soehn liked the feeling of knowing that Simms was always healthy and always ready to go. No, he is not a flashy player, but sometimes consistency can trump flashiness.

No comments: