Monday, January 21, 2008

Changes

For the sharp-eyed return readers, you will notice something new at Going to the Mat--ads.

To be sure, for a long time, this blog has been ad-free, but for good reason. I had made a promise to myself that if I were to break a certain level of attention at this blog that I would consider ads and I have achieved that level and then some, in recent months. So, I figured, why not make a little money on this little enterprise into which I poor some significant time.

Now, I fully expect someone to email me calling me a sell-out, etc. But I don't expect to be able to quit my job to turn to blogging full time, but if the annual proceeds are enough that I can buy my wife a gift at Christmas time, it will be worth it. I had hoped to build a readership and increase traffic at this site and I have been fortunate in that some people like what I write that they keep coming back. While some people might think otherwise, my postings here will remain focused on what I like and as Google posts ads to this site with their bot, so be it.

So that is the rationale and I hope everyone continues to come back to this site.

No comments: