Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Clay County (Florida) School Board Adopts Pro Creationist Standards

I don't know all the details behind this move by my home county. I grew up going to Clay County schools, from W.E. Cherry Elementary, Orange Park Middle School, Orange Pary High School for two year and graduating from Middleburg High School. I was always well schooled in science and I don't think that is going to change.

By stating that evolution is a theory in the guidelines is true. It is just a theory because we don't know for certain, at least I don't and I consider myself pretty well educated (thanks in part to these same Clay County Schools). I don't know the politics behind the move and I am most certain that they are complicated to say the least. Clay County has always had a sizeable population of evangelical Christians and tends to be quite conservative.

Hat Tip: Carnival of Education

No comments: