Friday, January 11, 2008

A Sensible Immigration Proposal

From Richard Baehr at American Thinker.I acutally like it.

I would like to see something a little more concrete in dealing with the anchor baby issue. I don't like the idea of that Huckabee has proposed of ending birth right citizenship totally (although as a fall back position, I like it). Rather, I would like to see a very long term prohibition on anchor babies being able to sponsor anyone to remain in the United States who does not come through proper channels. This of course might mean that the family of the anchor baby has to go away and come back through legal channels. I know that complicates things a little, but I think it may address the issue while still providing the anchor baby with the ability to help their family, but again legally.

Otherwise a sensible idea.

No comments: