Monday, March 03, 2008

Vacation Blogging--Not

For my regular readers (all two of you), I apologize for taking a week-plus long break without letting you know about my vacation. I went to Florida to visit the House of Mouse and my parents. I thought (briefly) about blogging while I was down there, but that is the problem with looking at blogging not only as a hobby but as something to be done regularly (like a junkie getting a fix)--you feel the need to do it all the time.

So instead of succumbing to the robotic notion that I need to blog even while away, I said no to blogging for a the duration. We even took only my wife's computer so that I wouldn't be tempted to blog. While I had to check email regularly for work, I didn't want to blog.

It would have been nice to avoid discussions of work, the law, politics and education all together, but my parents are interested in my work (they don't know very well many lawyers) and are engaged in politics so we can't really avoid fully the topic. Still it was nice to get a different persepective as my father is quite pragmatic and always offers a common sense viewpoint on issues that I think is often missing.

So, I am back now and ready to hunker down into blogging again, particularly with the primaries tomorrow.

No comments: