Friday, May 30, 2008

Fulham Chairman Salutes McBride

Fulham FC Chairman Mohammed Al Fayed paid tribute to departing Brian McBride.

I know I am talking a bit about McBride, but McBride's tenure saw him with the team as they earned promotion and remained in the Premier League. I have always admired McBride, both his skill, which to be honest is nowhere near the top flight strikers, but his grit and determination I believe are unmatched in the Premier League or most leagues for that matter. Said Al Fayed:
Over the past four and a half years, Brian McBride has given tremendous service to Fulham Football Club and I would like to thank him publicly for all his efforts, on and off the pitch, following his decision to pursue new opportunities.

“Brian's unquestionable commitment and bravery on the field earned him the respect of everyone associated with Fulham and I was proud for him to lead our Club as Captain in recent times. At the beginning of last season Brian suffered a serious knee injury whilst scoring against Middlesbrough in front of the Hammersmith End but in true McBride fashion he fought his way back to fitness to lead our team to safety.

No comments: